Saturday, July 14, 2012

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

So I finished an amazing book. It is called the Tao of Pooh. I would recommend this book to anyone. I enjoyed this book from start to finnish. I then started reading the Tao of Willie, about Willie Nelson. It seems that one of the most important messages from these books and from so many other sources is that a path to true happiness is by living honestly to yourself. Its amazing to me how hard this is though. It is so easy for me to allow what I think will please others affect my choices. Anything from what to wear to what I am doing for fun. I have decided that I am going to try my very hardest to make decisions based on what I want, not what I think I should do to please others. For people that this is easy, I not only respect them, I am green with jealous rage. Im starting with simple baby steps such as only reading books I want to, trying to be open about my feelings towards religion instead of just staying quiet. When I am not honest about my wants, needs and desires it is unfair to people in my life. I feel like I should apologize for not being honest about my wishes for so long. I know this is going to be a lifelong journey, I also am kind of annoyed that it has taken me to 23 to try to live for myself. I guess its better than 32 or 64 or 128 years old. Better late than ever eh? Well anyways perhaps later on I will update on how the new life lessons are going, perhaps not it just depends on wether I want to or not! Have a splendid day.

P.S. I think everyone should watch Deadwood. If you are ever sad think of all the amazing music you have not heard and books you have not read, its kind of amazing how much there is we have not yet had the pleasure to take in. I think everyone should get at least one tattoo, that way you can really decide if you would regret it. I am gonna try to write some songs that are only what I want to write and then I am gonna try to record them and I am gonna let people hear them for once, no matter what they sound like.

As I was leaving Idaho the other day I did not know how to get on the freeway. This family where all members had sleeve less shirts, mullets, all different kinds of cigarettes and a bumper sticker that said "if you are gonna tailgate me at least pull my hair", with the picture of a sexy lady next to it, showed me true genuine kindness. They went out of their way to allow me to follow them so that I would make it to the freeway without getting lost. I appreciated it so much. So I am sending out thankful brainwaves out to the universe hoping that they get them and have some good luck come their way. It was a great day to be an American.

2 comments: