Saturday, November 17, 2012

This is what I call doing homework on Saturday.

MY LIFE IS AWESOME
And this is why...
I have a new nephew his name is Grey Omar Hansen and he is as cute as could be. At least from the pictures I have seen and I am sure in person he is just as adorable. I have an amazing niece who is a boost to my life even though I don't get to see her as often as I would like to. I have a great sister in law who is an amazing mother, wife, hair cutter person, cook, list creater, board gamer and all around good person. I have an older brother who is a great husband and father and would do anything for his children and wife. I have another older brother who is a warrior poet who is unafraid to make his voice heard. I have a little brother who is an actor and far ahead of his own age. I have a little sister who is an example of what it means to rise above and no matter what will not let heartbreak or hard times keep her down. I have a great father who has taken care of his family wonderfully and has done his very best to be the best father possible and will do what he needs to protect him and his. I have a mother who would give her life for her children and never think twice, she is kind, loving and an example of what it means to be pure love
I have amazing roommates who are bagpipers, soon to be doctors and lawyers, economists, comedians, runners, hikers, climbers, activists, hard workers, priesthood holders, preachers, brothers, viola guitar masters, bearded, gentlemen, engineers, boyfriends, vegans, health nuts, six pack havers, handsome bastards, family men, understanding, great listeners, forgiving, fashionable, teachers, russian speakers, put up with me'ers, designated drivers, bbqr's, scientists, travelers, missionaries, teton hikers,  LOTOJA champs, snowboarders, skiers, studiers, strength trainers, wrestlers, great driving companions, good cooks and just all around great people.
I have friends in Florida, Maine, Ohio, Iowa, Denmark, England, Idaho, Utah, Montana, California, The Kingdom of Lesotho, Australia, Colorado, Indiana, New York, Georgia, Hawaii, Provo, New Hampshire, In heaven and in Earth, Ireland, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, DC, Michigan, Wyoming and all other thinkable places here and there.
I have been in love. I have had my heart broken. Both were worthwhile. I have played both rugby and guitar in front of people. Both were terrifying. I have been a loser and a winner. I once won 500 dollars on a lottery ticket. I wasted it all. I once thought I had Cancer. I didn't. I thought if I was taller I would be happier. I was wrong. I once thought I was gonna get married. I didn't. A few times I thought I met the girl of my dreams. I hadn't. I once was a history major. I changed. And changed. and changed and changed and changed and changed and changed then changed schools then dropped out. And now I am an anthropology major. I dreamed of doing improv at Second City. I still do sometimes. I once drove from Idaho to Alaska. The next summer I drove from Idaho to Florida. I have a few tatoos. I love them and want many more. Or maybe just a few. I have had friends die. I still miss them. I have written countless songs. A few are alright. I once stood next to Al Sharpton. He was pretending to talk on the phone so he would not have to say hi to us. I have swam in the Pacific and the Atlantic. Ive gotten A's, B's,C's,D's,F's,Passes and fails. I have received gold stars and check pluses. I have substitute taught. I have been taught. Ive been in one fight. I won. I cried about it for hours. I have said horrible things I regret. I think about them and cringe. I have done wonderful acts of service. I think about them and cry. I have hugged children who have felt more pain than I could ever stand. I have rafted white water. I have run from dogs. I have painted walls and pictures. I have kissed beautiful women, in the back of cars, behind buses, in gas stations, in the woods and other more interesting places. I have read amazing books. Some changed me. Some made me wish I was a secret agent scientist. I had a Level 55 Tauren on World of Warcraft. It was awesome. I have jumped fences to get in hot tubs, climbed mountains to soak in hot springs and I acted them both out in acting classes. I have acted on stage and done great. I have acted on stage and wanted to melt in to the ground. I've been to the hospital as patient and visitor. I have been to Punk shows, bluegrass shows, classical concerts, hiphop shows, Metallica concerts and everyone of them had moments. Ive been baptized, ordained and once over the phone had my soul saved. I have also been told to go to hell. I have shoveled shit for money, I once got paid to chew gum, I once had a job where I was paid to play with the worlds best children. I have made terrible stir fry. I have made great burgers. I have had text books stolen from my car, later that cars wheel broke off. I have been thrown out of bars, I have been snuck in the back door. I met Jose Gonzales. I was under the influence and I gave him a hug, you could tell he felt weird. I have drunk too much. I have begged people to stop drinking. I have been wrong more times than I could count. I have been right a few. Ive hit a winning home run. I have lost a rugby match 85-0. We have had great dinner parties at our house. Sometimes people reject our invites. I watched the entire series of Firefly in 3 days. Loved every minute of it.
I have a best friend who has done more for me than I could ever repay. I would like to try. 
I have a blog. I write in it cause I want to be a better writer, I am trying to be braver when it comes to showing my work/art/music/lyrics/writing and other such endeavors. I get to meet people that are so neat all the time. 
If I have learned anything in my 24 years it is this. Life and living it is about experiences. Some of these are terrible. Some are amazing. But bad or good they all add to our own story. I think we should be grateful for all of them.
I am doing really good right now. Later on I probably won't be doing as good. That is just life. There are ups and downs. My grandma once told me "This is a bump in the road and we get over bumps in the road". Simple yet so true.
I have said it before and I will say it again. If you have read this far you are awesome. If not you are still pretty awesome. I enjoy writing in this blog. I might try to start adding pictures if I actually can figure out how to do it. When it comes to computers I am kind of a caveman. I wanted to make a joke about Socrates Cave but I don't really understand it so the joke would not be very clever.
Also it is 4:18 on a Saturday. I am wearing a sweater vest. I have a small pony tail. An amber and silver ring. Dark Blue Levi 514 Jeans which I can say are honestly the best Jeans on the market. Brown shoes. And drinking Green Tea. Listening to The Knife "Heartbeats".
And my dear friends, family or anyone that has happened upon this, YOU are why my life is awesome. It does not matter what you do if there are not people to share it with than what is the point?
-Ammo

No comments:

Post a Comment